Certificate in Accounting and Bookkeeping Studies
The Certificate in Accounting and Bookkeeping Studies is for anyone who desires to have a better understanding of basic accounting and bookkeeping procedures or who desires to work in a bookkeeping/ accounting department. The Certificate in Accounting and Bookkeeping Studies is particularly well suited for anyone who has recently assumed some bookkeeping and/or accounting responsibilities; anyone who works in business and wants a foundation in bookkeeping and/or accounting, or anyone who wants better understanding of the principles of bookkeeping and/or accounting.
Our Certificate in Accounting and Bookkeeping Studies offers comprehensive training in many important areas, including:
• List and explain the steps in the Accounting Cycle
• Develop skills to record transactions in chronological order
• Interpret financial statements
• Identify components of the payroll process
• Identify the accounting procedures for working with accounts payable
• Identify the accounting procedures for working with accounts receivable
• Prepare and manage a budget in an organization
• Set up company information in QuickBooks
• Use financial statements to prepare and structure your budget
• Use Excel as a tool to organize and calculate information
• Interpret financial statements for the purpose of obtaining financing
The Certificate in Accounting and Bookkeeping Studies includes 10 courses:
1. An Introduction to Accounting: The Accounting Cycle
2. Journals, Ledgers and Worksheets
3. Financial/Accounting Management
4. Payroll Accounting
5. Accounting for Accounts Payable
6. Accounting for Accounts Receivable
7. Budgeting Essentials
8. Introduction to QuickBooks
9. Introduction to Excel
10. Understanding Financial Statements
There are still openings remaining at this time.
Payment is by invoice only.
Enrollment Progress ... What's This?
Return to Course Listing