Dental Office Administrative Assistant Certificate with Microsoft Office 2016
This course is designed to give the students the knowledge to work in a progressive dental office. The student will learn basic dental anatomy, charting, terminology, communication skills, clinical and information records management, dental insurance processing, financial arrangements, bookkeeping procedures, computerized dental systems and employments skill that will assist in obtaining a position as a dental administrative assistant.
The learning outcomes for each student are to:
• Have knowledge in HIPPA, professional ethics, professional conduct and the roles of the dental professionals.
• Identify and/or interpret basic anatomy and dental anatomical structures, charting symbols, tooth numbering systems and common dental procedures.
• Gain an understanding of effective communication, including written, verbal and nonverbal.
• Describe the functions and components of the patient clinical record, risk management, patient record maintenance, filing methods and patient appointment scheduling.
• Classify different types of dental insurance coverage, and file and process dental insurance claims.
• Describe the elements of a financial policy, accounts receivable and payable, collections and financial transactions.
• Describe and perform bookkeeping procedures: posting transactions, both manual and computerized, audit report and trail, payroll record, and reconciling bank records.
• Identify dental practice management software functions.
• Perform basic functions using Dentrix dental software.
• Prepare the components to assist in securing employment: resume, cover letter and job applications.
• Practice techniques for a successful job interview: attitude, behavior and answering questions.
There are still openings remaining at this time.
Payment is by invoice only.
Enrollment Progress ... What's This?
Return to Course Listing