The major emphasis of this workshop will be to provide a wealth of material, activities, and approaches to the teaching of American History THAT WORK! We will share these since we will all have experience in the U.S. History classrooms. You will also be provided with excellent texts and supplements to enhance your teaching.
The tasks at hand for American History teachers, that we will address, include:
· To teach students American History for a test not of our making
· Contend with and cover material of an ever-expanding and continually reinterpreted field of study
· To instruct students in good learning habits and critical thinking on par with college expectations
· To elicit reading and writing skills – especially skills needed for the redesigned course
· To reflect on our own strengths and consider some areas where we need improvement as an AP teacher
· Utilize history as a tool to increase our students’ intellectual ability
· Train our students in ways which will serve them well at the undergraduate level: time management, analysis, first rate oral and written competencies
For this workshop please bring: a laptop (or other internet capable tool), a flash drive (so you can have a copy of my files), your APUSH textbook.
Friday class will end at noon.
A $50 non-refundable deposit is due at the time of registration.
Full payment is due by May 1, 2018.
Scholarship recipients do not need to pay the deposit but must forward a copy of their award email to email@example.com before the registration will be validated.
|Dates:||August 6-10, 2018 Check for other dates|
|Meets:||M, Tu, W, Th and F from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM|
|Location:||Science and Technology Building TBD|
|Fee:||$595 Fee Breakdown|
|Notes:||Your Participant Preference Sheet will be on your enrollment confirmation. Please return it by email as soon as possible but no later than June 1, 2018.|
There are still openings remaining at this time.
A valid credit card will be required for payment. Please have your card information ready.