Patient Care Technician Online with Externship
Location: ONLINE PROGRAM
Registration Fee: $3,595.00
Doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals rely on Patient Care Technicians/Assistants to assist with the critical day-to-day care some patients require. As a Patient Care Technician, you’ll provide hands-on assistance to serve patients’ basic needs, as well as work alongside other healthcare professionals.
More and more patients require special care, sometimes around-the-clock. Their needs vary from patient to patient, making it vital that the Patient Care Technician/Assistant has a diverse range of knowledge and skills to provide their basic care.
As the elderly population increases, healthcare facilities, hospitals and nursing homes have a great demand for qualified Patient Care Technicians/Assistants. Since this profession is needed in many practices, you may have a variety of opportunities available to you.
Contact Hours: 180 hours (120 hours of online lectures/exercises and 60 hours of clinical workshops and externships)
National Association and Certification Exams
Patient Care Technician's receive hands-on, real-world training from preceptors and instructors that are experienced in the patient care occupation. Students will be prepared for the National Healthcareer Association, Certified Patient Care Technician/Assistant (CPCT/A) exam
As a Patient Care Technician/Assistant, you may perform some or all of the following tasks:
· Provide basic patient care — bathing, feeding, catheter care, etc
· Acquire, distribute and administer patient care supplies
· Perform safety checks and ensure cleanliness in patient rooms
· Accommodate the special needs of patients accordingly
· Obtain EKG readings and monitor vital signs
· Perform phlebotomy procedures
· Provide emotional support to patients and families, particularly coping with grief and death
|Course Fee (Basic)||Registration Fee||$3,595.00|