The workshop will provide an intense review of the test content which is aligned to the Pearson test objectives; numbers and operations, functions and algebra, geometry and measurement, and statistics and probability. Participants will learn test-taking strategies, complete practice tests, and engage in free response exercises and mathematics skill practice. The objectives for this worshop are:
Developing understanding of Numbers and Operations
1) Understand the number system and the concept of place value.
2) Understand integers, fractions, decimals, percents, and mixed numbers.
3) Understand and apply principles of number theory.
4) Understand operations on numbers.
Develop Understanding of Functions and Algebra
5) Understand algebra as generalized arithmetic.
6) Understand the concept of function.
7) Understand linear functions and linear equations.
Developing Concepts of Geometry and Measurement
8) Understand and apply concepts of measurement.
9) Understand and apply concepts of geometry.
Develop Understanding Statistics and Probability
10) Understand descriptive statistics.
11) Understand and apply basic concepts of probability.
Integration of Knowledge and Understanding
12) Apply mathematical knowledge and reasoning to communicate multiple solutions in detail to a problem involving two or more of the following subareas: Numbers and Operations, Functions and Algebra, Geometry and Measurement, and Statistics and Probability.
|Dates:||June 25-28, 2018 Check for other dates|
|Meets:||M, Tu, W and Th from 9:00 AM to 12 N|
|Location:||Charles W. Chesnutt Library Curriculum Lab|
There are still openings remaining at this time.
A valid credit card will be required for payment. Please have your card information ready.